Zur Gilgen Building
The zur Gilgen building was part of the historical fortification of Lucerne and is one of the oldest stone-built monuments. It was erected by Melchior zur Gilgen between 1507 und 1510. After his death, the property was sold. In 1571, Ludwig zur Gilgen repurchased it for the zur Gilgen family, in whose ownership the building has been uninterruptedly since, between 1697 and 2013 in the form of an inheritance trust. In 2014, the trust was transferred into a foundation that purposes the maintenance of the historical substance (named "Haus und Turm zur Gilgen"). In the 1990s, the building was restored completely with support of the Lucerne authority for historical monuments. Since 1997, our law firm has been on the second floor.